A Smile May Not Always Be The Cause, But It’s Always The Reaction
We live in a world abundant in laughter, love and compassion for those who choose to embrace it. For me, a miracle moves beyond a random act of kindness, and the personal or spiritual phenomena offered only to a select few. It encompasses our body and radiates out into the world (has you’ll soon see from the science below).
All this can be found within a simple smile.
It really is a gift we all have the ability to do at any given moment. It’s not as if we have to work for it, and the benefits both mentally and physically are in themselves a miracle, in a manner of speaking.
If you’re over the age of 35 and into your supplements, there’s no doubt you’ve come across CoQ10. Of course, this is a whole other article within it’s self, but I wanted to use it to make a point. CoQ10 when broken down within are bodies turns to Ubiquinol (where the magic happens). My point? A smile is similar in the sense, when we smile on the outside the body turns it into something else on the inside.
So here’s the question: Is a smile just a psychological and biological reaction, or could there be more to it?
Need a little help deciding?… Bring Out The List!!!
1) Smiling releases neuropeptides that fight off stress, serves as an anti-depressant and helps as a natural pain relief. All the feel good neurotransmitters like dopamine, endorphins and serotonin release the moment you smile. (Added information – The Chemical Mind).
2) The more you smile the longer and healthier your life will become.
3) Smiling makes you look more attractive. I’m not just throwing that out there as a little boost to your confidence. Published studies actually back this up! From how people view us, to the sensory rewards we receive when viewing a smile (Pavlov’s dogs springs to mind).
4) Contagious smiling is real! Some of you maybe thinking “well, that’s because seeing a smile triggers associations within the brain, firing up the feel-good party machine and kicking off the reactions.” This could be true, but studies suggest that you have to make a conscious decision not to smile, when you see a smile. Plus, there’s more to this as you’ll soon find out in a minute.
5) It’s a form of communication signaling happiness, love, compassion, appreciation and thanks, forgiveness, a friendly hello or goodbye. It’s a universal language.
I’m going to call the above scientific, because now we’re on the hunt for the divine aspect? Or at least, a different perspective.
We know science and spirituality are becoming more intertwined these days. It’s a fact we can’t deny. I’m not talking about some of the consciousness experiments, although eye-opening, no one truly understands what it is. I’m not even talking about quantum physics, which seems to be leading the charge. When it comes to this post I’m more drawn towards the heart field experiments, mainly because of the list above.
Studies suggest when releasing the emotion of a smile your heart’s electromagnetic field affects “all” within it’s proximity. We affect the people around us through our own heart’s electromagnetic field! This has implications not just in making someone feel better, but also in healing.
Interesting stuff, right?!
Now, I’m going to throw a spanner into the works. We know everything in some form or another is made up of energy, but “what is energy“. Could it be the divine aspect we’ve been looking for in this post, or have I made a jump to far? More than likely, but it does offer the option to go down the rabbits hole for those that wish to dare.
Here’s something you can try at home. Tell a love one or friend “you know you’re beautiful, right?” or “You’re looking hot in that _____,” or “I’m so glad you’re in my life.” Say it from the heart and watch what happens.
A big thanks goes out to all the people who have help me put this post together. Thank You!
- There’s Magic In Your Smile – Psychology Today (By Sarah Stevenson)
- The power of your inner smile – The Wellbeing Team
- What If Every Woman Was Beautiful? (Social Experiment)
- 3 Jokes That Make People Instantly Like You – Charisma on Command
Studies also state that if you smile more, even if you don’t feel like it, you still benefit from the list above!